No Report or Results posted yet
Sorry due to the conditions on some of the tracks we have decided not to run this ride as a CTR. Pleasure Rides ONLY
All riders welcome to Glenariff Forest situated in the world famous Glens of Antrim. On a fine day there is splendid views in this magnificent Antrim Plateau setting. Really a brilliant ride for all.
Starts 10.00am - last horse out 1.00pm
Riders have a choice of 2 courses - 8 miles (approx) or the longer 11 mile (approx) track. No need to make your mind up yet, the course will be clearly marked where the 11 mile route branches off. You can make up your mind then about the distance you wish to ride.
Open to non-members.
This year’s ride takes place from the newly designated Horsebox Parking Area at Glenariff Forest Park which is located some distance from the main car park and cafe area. There are 3 water taps, but NO toilet facilities.
Directions:- DO NOT USE MAIN FOREST PARK ENTRANCE
- From Ballymena – on arrival at the main entrance to the Forest Park, continue on the Glenariff Road for approx 40m and turn left into the laneway after the white cottages. (ILDRA Ride sign)
- From Waterfoot – A short distance after the entrance to the old caravan site on Glenariff Road, turn right into laneway before the white cottages (ILDRA Ride sign)
ROUTE: There are 3 route options:-
- Route A – (Noted A & A on map) Approx 4 miles and no road crossings. Follow yellow arrows and take route option marked ‘HOME’
- Route B – (Noted A, A & B on map) Approx 6.5 miles – this route has road sections. Follow yellow arrows and take route option marked ‘OUT’ and after Glenariff Road section follow yellow arrows and option for ‘HOME’
- Route C – (Noted A, A, B & C on map) Approx 11 miles – Follow yellow arrows and take route option marked ‘OUT’. Towards the end of Glenariff Road section you will see an arrow on the fence pointing to the lane on the right hand side (Blue line on map). If ridden in its entirety this section is 4 miles long (2 miles each direction) and leads you towards the main forest car park/cafe. This is the track that we used at the start and finish of previous rides. Unfortunately horses are no longer permitted in the main car park, so you will have to turn at the gate at the end and ride back to the Glenariff Road. Then follow the yellow arrows and option for ‘HOME’.
Please take extreme care when riding any of the road sections or crossings.